The Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) is authorized by Maryland’s sports wagering law to conduct a competitive process to award up to 60 mobile licenses and up to 30 Class B facility licenses. SWARC promulgated regulations to govern this process, which took effect on an emergency basis on Sept. 2, 2022, and were adopted as permanently effective on Nov. 14, 2022.
Click here to view SWARC’s regulations, which are contained in Code of Maryland (COMAR) Title 36, Chapter 11.01 and Chapter 11.02.
Information on the promulgation process, including public comments that were received, is available by clicking the link below.
SWARC Regulations: Promulgation Process & Public Comments
On July 13, 2022, SWARC approved proposed regulations to govern the application process it is authorized to conduct, and those regulations were published in the Maryland Register on Aug. 26, 2022.
On Sept. 2, 2022, the proposed regulations were approved by the Maryland General Assembly’s Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review (AELR) and took effect on an emergency basis.
Written comments on SWARC’s proposed regulations were accepted during a 30-day period from Aug. 26, 2022 through Sept. 26, 2022. Comments were also accepted during a public meeting held on Sept. 9, 2022.
- Click here to listen to an audio recording of the Sept. 9 public meeting.
- Click here to read a transcript of the Sept. 9 public meeting.
- Click here to view the attendees’ sign-in sheet from the Sept. 9 public meeting.
- Click here to view written comments on the regulations that were submitted during the public comment period.
- Click here to view a review of the written comments that were submitted during the public comment period.