SWARC Regulations: Promulgation Process & Public Comments
The Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) is conducting a competitive process to award up to 30 Class B retail licenses and up to 60 mobile licenses. On July 13, 2022, SWARC approved proposed regulations to govern the application process, and those regulations were published in the Maryland Register on Aug. 26, 2022.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PROPOSED REGULATIONS.
On Sept. 2, 2022, the proposed regulations were approved by the Maryland General Assembly’s Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review (AELR) and took effect on an emergency basis.
Written comments on SWARC’s proposed regulations were accepted during a 30-day period from Aug. 26, 2022 through Sept. 26, 2022. Comments were also accepted during a public meeting held on Sept. 9, 2022.
- Click here to listen to an audio recording of the Sept. 9 public meeting.
- Click here to read a transcript of the Sept. 9 public meeting.
- Click here to view the attendees’ sign-in sheet from the Sept. 9 public meeting.
- Click here to view written comments on the regulations that were submitted during the public comment period.
- Click here to view a review of the written comments that were submitted during the public comment period.